Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

4h6d

The address to send my IL State Tax Returns is not a complete address. all the form says is: ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE SPRINGFIELD IL xxxxx-xxxx What is the PO box?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

The address to send my IL State Tax Returns is not a complete address. all the form says is: ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE SPRINGFIELD IL xxxxx-xxxx What is the PO box?

EDITED 1/17/2020: 

Please see reply offered by @mesquitebean below.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

@Kat 

And yet... I'm in Germany here and UPS won't send anything without a street address

I tried explaining to them as you mention, but they're not getting it.

And in Germany, rules are rules:  though must have a street address

Thanks for an idea on how to proceed

making up a street address?  PO BOX 62719 or Springfield 62719 comes to mind...

@finch13 

Do NOT make up a street address.

Please see your other thread at the link below, where I left you a complete answer on how to find out the Illinois DOR physical street address for private delivery services such as UPS as well as an attached image as an example.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/re-i-go-to-ups-to-send-this-to-have-it-trac...

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@finch13 That link I posted back in June is no longer available...sorry!  Thanks to @mesquitebean for posting info on how to contact Illinois DOR!  I tried to find a physical address to no avail.  I'm linking you to the only page for mailing info to the Illinois DOR.  

https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/aboutidor/Pages/addresses.aspx

I also captured a screenshot from a Bing internet search for the physical address for Illinois Department of Revenue.  2020-01-17 21_23_19-Window.png

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

@ Kat and @ finch13 

While the image above that Kat provided from her Bing search may be "an" address for the Illinois DOR, I believe that may be one of several smaller branch/regional offices around the state, and may not be a return processing center, and may not be an address they want to receive returns delivered from Germany by UPS, which is what finch13 is wanting to do.   And in any case they might have to then send it somewhere else for processing.

IMO, if it were me, I'd simply ask Illinois DOR outright what address they specifically want him/her to use for private delivery services like UPS and hear it "right from the horse's mouth."   The IDOR questions/comment form I provided info for in the other thread would let him do that.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/re-i-go-to-ups-to-send-this-to-have-it-trac...

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@finch13 I totally agree with @mesquitebean's recommendation to contact IDOR for the proper address.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies