turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Indiana State form 40NOL

I have a net operating loss carry forward for my Indiana state personal taxes.  I understand I should file a form 40NOL.  However, I cannot find that form in TurboTax.   Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Indiana State form 40NOL

It does not appear as if that form is supported in TurboTax.

See https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_in_windows_individual.html

Indiana State form 40NOL

Indiana State form 40NOL

Thanks very much for the quick response.  How can I handle this situation, then, when I need to use the form 40NOL, but it is not supported by TurboTax?  Can I still use TurboTax to file my Indiana state tax forms?

Indiana State form 40NOL

@8256931 wrote:

Can I still use TurboTax to file my Indiana state tax forms?

Yes, but you will have to print and mail your Indiana return, prepare the IT-40NOL manually, and include it with the balance of your return.

Indiana State form 40NOL

Thank you!

The instructions on form IT-40NOL indicate that with the final calculated amount: "Enter on IT-40 Schedule 1 (Schedule 2 for the 2009 tax year and beyond), under line 11, or IT-40PNR Schedule B (Schedule C for the 2009 tax year and beyond), under line 11."  If I print & mail my Indiana return, including IT-40NOL, how do I manually override the necessary fields, e.g. line 11, within TurboTax to incorporate the IT-40NOL information?

Indiana State form 40NOL

You are stuck with Forms Mode to do any necessary overrides and should be informed that overrides invalidate the TurboTax Accuracy Guarantee. 

Unfortunately, since TurboTax does not support Form  IT-40NOL, you will probably not be able to get any assistance from phone support either. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies