jsdrummer1

In which state is my income earned?

I live in NC and have a regular NC job. I also teach online classes as an Adjunct Professor for a university in Kentucky. Until 2020, they withheld KY income tax. In 2020, the KY university started withholding NC income tax instead of KY income tax. In which state did I earn the income? Do I still need to file a non-resident KY return? If I do, do I just say that all of my income was earned in NC?

AlanT222

In which state is my income earned?

Since you work in North Carolina and teach from home in North Carolina, your income is all earned in North Carolina.  You would only need to file a Kentucky non-resident income tax return if the University withheld Kentucky taxes from your pay.   

AlanT222

In which state is my income earned?