Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

daveduf

In Colorado, the federal exclusion of the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits is still taxable for 2020. Is this amount added back as an adj. for the state return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

In Colorado, the federal exclusion of the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits is still taxable for 2020. Is this amount added back as an adj. for the state return?

Yes, Colorado is taxing unemployment in full so you must add back the federal exclusion.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cowboyseth
Returning Member

How do you do that in filing?

Cowboyseth
Returning Member

I get to the screen that says federal -10200.  What do I put in for colorado then the next screen says federal 10200 what do I put in for colorado

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax will take care of this for you.

Cowboyseth
Returning Member

Yea but I don't know what numbers I need to put in those two screens for the unemployment 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

I'm not sure which screens you are referring to.  You will enter your 1099-G (unemployment) form in the federal portion of the return and it will be carried over to your state return.

Cowboyseth
Returning Member

20210406_093022.jpg

20210406_093039.jpg

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Assuming you live in Colorado, you will enter the amount of unemployment you received in the Colorado boxes here.  If the amount of unemployment received was greater than $10,200, you will enter the maximum amount of $10,200.

Cowboyseth
Returning Member

I do not live in colorado but earned unemployment in colorado   so I can enter -10200 in for colorado on screen 1 and then 10200 on screen number 2 since that affects colorado 

Cowboyseth
Returning Member

I just dont know what i need to enter on the above 2 screens

Cowboyseth
Returning Member

Can i assume i enter -10200 and 10200 on those screens respectively?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, because that amount is attributed to Colorado.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies