Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I find my state and local tax rate on my W-2's?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

If you mean your state Sales tax rate, the loink below has a list be state, but there might also be additional sales tax added for the county or city. The sales tax rate is what the stores charge on your purchases. You can look at a store receipt (but some states don't tax food, so be aware of that).

If you mean where do you find the state Income tax that was withheld from your W2, the state tax you paid is in Box 17 and the local tax you paid is in box 19.

The state and local tax rate is not listed on your W2. Turbotax will tell you what your tax rates are after you complete your returns. 

For a table of the ranges of states' income taxes, please click on the lower link.

https://taxfoundation.org/state-and-local-sales-tax-rates-2018/

https://www.money-zine.com/financial-planning/tax-shelter/state-income-tax-rates/

I had Box.19 filled in W2 and while filling 2019 return, I cant recall if I put that field or not. I already filed tax, and looked through pdf tax file, but there is no information about local tax, box 19. Can I make sure Box 19 was included or not or is not part of federal and state tax return forms?

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

@mohanpaudel

If you no longer have access to your 2019 W-2, you can always download a full pdf of all worksheets. 

Please take the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return filed using TurboTax Online, which would include all worksheets.  

• Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click show.
  • Next scroll down and select Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.
  • In the left side panel select Tax Tools then select Print Center.
  • Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  • Then select the option to print your 2017 federal and state returns. Also select the option to include government and TurboTax worksheets, then select View or print forms.
  • This will allow you to print your complete tax file.
  • Once you have finished printing, select Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

The original post can be found here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks ! This was exactly what I was looking. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies