turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If when trying to efile my 2019 taxes it says a tax return with same SsN has been filed? So I filed my w2 from Del & Pa & live in Delaware could that be some confusion

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If when trying to efile my 2019 taxes it says a tax return with same SsN has been filed? So I filed my w2 from Del & Pa & live in Delaware could that be some confusion

No, the fact that you work in one state and live in another does not cause this error.

When you file your tax return, all your states are included on your Federal return.

This error means that a tax return was already filed with your Social Security Number, so you can't Efile again.

If you didn't include all your income on your first return, you will need to mail in an Amended Return.

Click this link for more info on How to Amend a 2019 Return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Well I found out why It was saying that somebody already filed under my social security number is because I did the  IRS deposit form for the stimulus check before I filed my 2019  taxes with y'all for the stimulus check I didn't know that was considered filing my taxes but I know it says you can fill that form out if you made under 12,000 which I did. So I was told that I have to do an amendment or mail it in I tried to print it to mail it in but I see I have to pay first but I have not received any type of money yet to even be able to pay so should I just wait to do the amendment

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies