Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If my state tax (CO) is requiring I revise Form 104D: CADA certificate, how do I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW222
Expert Alumni

If my state tax (CO) is requiring I revise Form 104D: CADA certificate, how do I do that?

@ECStal

To edit your state tax return in TurboTax Online:    

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account
  2. Click on Take me to my return button
  3. Select the State tab, in the left pane 
  4. Click on Continue, then Edit to update your information, deleting the amount of Agricultural Asset Lease Deduction and CADA certificate number, if anything is present.

If you’re unable to correct the data by going back to that section of your state return, your best bet may be to clear your state return and start it over.

Please see the TurboTax Help article “How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?” or "How do I clear my state return in the TurboTax for Windows software?" as appropriate for guidance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I am assuming that you entered the amount of the Agricultural Asset Lease Deduction and the CADA certificate number correctly, but did not attach or otherwise submit a copy of the certificate as required.

When you enter the amount and the certificate number into TurboTax, there is a link following the text "

Note: To claim this deduction, you must submit a copy of each CADA certificate, and the lessee's Federal Schedule F to the Colorado Department of Revenue.

"

The link is "How do I do this?" Click on it and you will see the following:

"Colorado requires you to submit supporting documentation if you have certain tax credits or subtractions included in your Colorado income tax return. There are a couple of ways to do this. If you are electronically filing your Colorado return you can either:

- Go to the Colorado Revenue Online website at and Select "Submit an e-Filer Attachment".

- Or, use Form DR 1778, e-filer Attachment Form, to mail in certain tax documents. After your electronically filed Colorado Tax Return is accepted, mail DR 1778, Colorado e-filer Attachment Form along with applicable documentation to:

Colorado Department of Revenue

1375 Sherman Street

Denver, CO [social security number removed]

If you are filing your Colorado return by mail you can attach the documentation with the return. If the appropriate documentation is not submitted, it could cause a delay in processing your return. "

If your 104D was completed correctly and you just failed to mail the certificate, I would read the letter from the state closely to see if just mailing the certificate as described above would work. Alternatively, the letter may ask you to mail the certificate to the office that generated the letter (actually, now that I think about it, this is more likely). Or perhaps electronic filing as noted above would be sufficient.

I wouldn't think that you would have to submit a new 104D (if it was correct) unless the letter specifically tells you to...but in any case in your response, be sure to note that the 104D that was submitted was correct (if it was).

Of course, I am making assumptions on why the state sent you the letter. If my response doesn't seem to make sense, please tell us what the letter says so that we can better address the question.

When trying to finish filing my taxes it requires me to submit this certificate (Form 104D: CADA). I learned it has to do with some sort of agriculture deduction. I'm not a farmer and do not have anything that would relate to this in my deductions or income. How do I fix this on the federal side of my tax return so it doesn't bring this form up?

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

@ECStal

To edit your state tax return in TurboTax Online:    

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account
  2. Click on Take me to my return button
  3. Select the State tab, in the left pane 
  4. Click on Continue, then Edit to update your information, deleting the amount of Agricultural Asset Lease Deduction and CADA certificate number, if anything is present.

If you’re unable to correct the data by going back to that section of your state return, your best bet may be to clear your state return and start it over.

Please see the TurboTax Help article “How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?” or "How do I clear my state return in the TurboTax for Windows software?" as appropriate for guidance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dianethegreat8888
Returning Member

This is so confusing. I guess Colorado wants to keep my State Taxes. I have no clue how to do this. I just filed for my Federal alone. I need my money now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies