turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have Schedule UE on my state PA return. It won't let me out of the process as E File. How can I eliminate this from the filing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

I have Schedule UE on my state PA return. It won't let me out of the process as E File. How can I eliminate this from the filing?

The Schedule UE is for Unreimbursed Employee Expenses.  Go back to FEDERAL TAXES Deductions & Credits.

Delete any Job Related Expenses.  Then go to How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online? and Delete the Schedule UE in the state forms.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
r3al
Level 1

Thanks for the info on how to delete the schedule UE.

DEWadGuy

I have the same issue.  I am in a circular process with no way out.  Although I had job-related expenses in 2018, I didn't have any in 2019.  I answer "no" to the question on having job. related expenses, however, not takes me to the track to complete the expenses. I have tried deleting the form countless number of times yet it continues to show up. Then when I go to file my PA return, I get the fix the error for form UE.  It's a vicious circle. Please help as I've just spent 1.5 hours trying to resolve the issue.  Thanks.

r3al
Level 1

I also struggled with this problem.  You have to delete the UE schedule but Turbo Tax doesn't make it obvious how to do it. 

This is how to do it.

In the upper right of the Turbo Tax page is an icon labeled "FORMS".  Click on that icon and follow process to delete the form.   Click on the box to delete on the form and follow through by clicking the delete button at the bottom of the page.

Hope this solves the problem for you. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

if you have Turbo Tax Online, try this.

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No work. PA interview recognizes a federal Schedule UE. Ain't no such thing in the federal forms I've generated because it doesn't apply at all. Nor does one appear in the PA forms list. What's up with the PA interview?

Moreover, when I go to the next screen after the PA Schedule UE summary to edit the bogus Copy 1 listed under Job Duties, the first sentence doesn't even parse in English. Something's amiss with Turbotax.

sscc

deleting form does not work. on form at top is a check box to exclude form from PA return. checking that does the trick

Thank you.  Checking that box did the trick. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies