Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have reported EE savings bond interest on federal form. I understand Michigan does not tax EE bond interest. But Michigan form includes it taxable income. how fix?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I have reported EE savings bond interest on federal form. I understand Michigan does not tax EE bond interest. But Michigan form includes it taxable income. how fix?

did you put the EE interest on line 3 of the 1099-int 

Savings Bond interest goes in box 3.  You have to check the little box under box 1 that says my form has more boxes for it to open up.

I am having the exact same problem with my Montana State Tax Return. I entered my 1099-INT showing that the U.S. Series EE Savings Bond interest is in Box 3. I double-checked my entry on the TurboTax Federal Worksheet and the bond interest is in Box 3. HOWEVER, TurboTax is not taking into account that this Savings Bond interest is not taxable by Montana. It shows the same amount of taxable interest for State and Federal returns. How do I fix this? I already E-Filed my Federal Return and it was accepted. I always print out my State return and hand deliver it since the Revenue office is only a mile from my house. Thank you for your help. 

Hal_Al
Level 15

@MtnTABS  It sounds like you're expecting to see an adjustment to line 2a of the MT tax form, for the saving bond interest.

Instead, the adjustment will be on line 13 (details on page 5, line 2).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies