turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I don't need form 3554 but it's making me fill it out

Or there is some kind of glitch in the software because I did not click on any of the items mentioned in the answer and I am now seeing this form asking me to input information.

Same here. I absolutely didn't click anything about new employment credit, and it's still giving me this form.  And the only way to back out is to erase it and start over?  Seriously?

I fixed it.

I went into the "view forms" mode, found form 3554, and there was a button to delete the form.  I did, and it looks like it worked, because now it's not giving me any alerts about not answering questions on that form.

Where do you see the “delete” button? I’ve paid for the TurboTax Deluxe version and still can’t file my tax because it keeps asking me to fill out this form which doesn’t apply to me, and wouldn’t let me delete the form.

Go to that form in the forms section and try right-clicking. I was able to delete it, but can't remember exactly what I did.

It's a button below the form
bill5

On the Mac version...open the Forms view...on the left side, click on "Form 3554" in the "California Forms" section then click the "Forms" menubar item at the top and select "Remove Form 3554".

I was able to remove Form 3554 in TurboTax Home & Business 2017 Mac using the following steps:

1. Select the "Forms" icon on the top left corner of the TurboTax window. This will bring up a list of forms in your return.

2. Scroll down to the California Forms, and if the California List is collapsed, click the triangle on the left of the California Forms text to shoe the list of California forms.

3. Select Form 3554 in the list, and a copy of the form will appear in the right half of the window,

4. With Form 3554 selected, select the "Forms" menu at the top of the Mac's Display.

5. Select the "Remove Form 3554" menu selection from the drop down menu. 

mutarada

For those using TurboTax 2018, the above solution sort of works. In TurboTax Deluxe, here's what I did:

1. Select "FORMS" icon in upper left corner. The screen flips, revealing the list of forms on the left panel.

2. Form 3554 does not initially appear on the State return; to locate it click "FORMS" on the top menu bar and select Form 3554 for the list.

3. Form 3554 will appear on the screen and in the side panel. Select the label in the side panel so its highlighted.

4. Click FORMS again on the upper menu bar. From the dropdown menu, select "REMOVE FORM 3554"

5. TurboTax will ask you if you're sure you want to remove it ("Removing this form will remove its data" etc.) Select "YES" (or "Remove", I can't recall which.)

6. The form 3554 whooshes away and hopefully this idiotic imbecilic design flaw with this software program will be the only headache you have to deal with before filing your taxes.

Omg! 

For those using the desktop version 

Go to 

Tax Tools > Tools > Under "Other Helpful Link" > Delete a Form 

This took too long to find! 

Dave66
Returning Member

I'm using Turbotax Business 2019 and had this same issue.   The accepted answer that says you have to delete your CA return and start over should be removed from this posting.  It may have been valid at the time but no longer is and was terribly disheartening for me to read.  With Turbotax Business 2019 it's very simple.  At the top of the screen click on the Forms button.  Then on the left scroll down until you see Form 3554.  Click on the form and at the bottom of the screen click the Delete Form button and it goes away. 

gdugaue

Your solution worked like a charm.  Thank you!

It did not delete at all.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Here is an excellent resource written by a turbo Tax Expert that will tell you how to get rid of this 3554 form.  Please follow the directions exactly how they are listed in the resource link.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
esmeh96

Ugh THANK! Lifesaver. This worked for online version 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies