Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LaughyDaffy1
Returning Member

I don't need form 3554 but it's making me fill it out

This is only for Turbotax Desktop users

What if it keeps asking me to fill it out even when I've deleted and restarted the state taxes without touching the "start" button on that particular section. Twice. What the hell do I do then?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

If the form won't go away, you may have entered a New Employment carryover credit or New Employment credit recapture. Review the California return and go the section where it says Take a look at California credits and taxes, at the top or under Credit recapture, does New Employment Credit Recapture have a $$ entry? If so, delete it.

Now in the same section, go to Business and investment credits>California Credit Carryovers. Look to see if there is an amount recorded New Employment Credit Carryover.  

Once you have completed the steps above, you should be able to delete form 3554 from your Ca return.  I always suggest after deleting the form to log out of your return and log back in just so the changes will save in your account.

@kimmuryiel 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No, I did not even click on it (it didn't give me this trouble last year either!) And I tried deleting the CA tax return and re-doing it three times.

I'm not sure how to delete the form. I just use the website version of turbotax.

@DaveF1006

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

1. To delete the 3554, from the left menu  select Tax Tools followed by Tools and and select Delete a form in the pop-up
  2. Scroll down the list of forms. When you scroll to your Ca forms, locate form 3554. Select delete.
  3. Next screen will say Delete Selected Form. Here you will select Delete Selected form to confirm. You should get Form Successfully Deleted. Select Continue
  4. Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure Form 2441 no longer appears on the list. If it doesn't, you can select Continue With My Return.

@kimmuryiel 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DaveF1006 

Thank you! That did it! It started complaining about 1095-A next, but the same remedy worked. Stupid thing. It wasn't this frustrating last year...

It worked just as it said above.  When populating the information on the state form ... don't put anything in the box for new employment credit capture.  You must delete the state form and start over ... but it does work.

this saved the day, thank you soooo much!

Thank you, With the Form 3554 visible in my Forms window, I was able to select the Forms dropdown menu from the top menu bar and found a menu option to "Delete Form 3554" and was able to delete just form 3554.

Thank you !!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies