turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ty_tone

I am from Ohio and received unemployment. I did not opt for money to be withheld for taxes. My question is should I have a number in my tax form for the state ID #?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am from Ohio and received unemployment. I did not opt for money to be withheld for taxes. My question is should I have a number in my tax form for the state ID #?

Yes, you should have a number in your tax forms for the State ID #. This would be the Ohio State Department of Revenue ID # that should be on your 1099-G. If you have not yet received this form, then you should not submit your return for processing. Please note that the IRS, nor States, have begun to accept returns for processing. The IRS has announced that they will begin this process on February 12th and most States are following suit with this date.

In prior, the Ohio State ID# for Unemployment was 31-1334373 and still should be. However, it is still best to wait to submit until all tax documents have been received. 

Please also be aware of the enormous situation with respect to Ohio and 2020 Unemployment fraud. Ohio Unemployment Fraud Hotline

Hal_Al
Level 15

No. You do not need a number in box 10b of form 1099-G.  

WendyN2 says yes, but she's talking about the box titled PAYER'S TIN. 

You can also leave box 10a blank if there is no amount in box 11.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies