turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wilfred99

How do I delete form 310 from my Arizona state return im not claiming a solar power credit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

How do I delete form 310 from my Arizona state return im not claiming a solar power credit?

In Turbotax Online:

Go to Tax Tools

Tools

Delete a form

Select the form then delete it.

You may have to clear cache and cookies to see the change in the system 🙂 

Thanks. You're a lifesaver. On the download version/cd version on Windows: View - Forms. Scroll to bottom and delte.

Sorry. I'm not seeing the exact part to ensure I am not claiming the credit. Seems like the program auto selects that solar credit.

Update.

So I just had to fill out the info for Arizona return form 310 completely and then finish the rest of my return for the year. Once my whole tax return is completed and in review, before submitting, form 310 should show up and able to delete in tax tools/tools/delete form.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Did you enter anything about a solar credit in the Arizona interview?

Do you have a carryover of the solar energy credit from 2019 (this appears on the form, too)?

Did you have any other credits?

Since we cannot see your private tax data, help us help you.

Please reply and put @ BillM223 without the blank in between at the end of your reply.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hcawley90
Returning Member

Hi @BillM223 I'm having the same issue and I also tried to going to tax tools and delete form and it's not there.  Nothing from 2019 about solar panels either.  This is now the second thread that I'm on with this problem and I have screenshots to send you showing that everything is unselected if that is helpful.  

Must be a glitch or a patch issue in the program. I never deduct or itemize every year and in final review before finalizing forms before submitting today, form 310 came up for me to fill out. Started over the whole process to see if I mis clicked but it still came up every time. Thanks for the help guys.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

See my reply on the other thread...

@hcawley90

For me, I was only able to view and delete the form when I did the review and told me to fix the issue. It brought up the form, from there I went to View --> Forms. For me, it brought up the form I was on immediately, but it also gave me the option on the left side to view any form. Since I was already there, I went and scrolled to the bottom and deleted the form.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Thanks to everyone for working on this. Here are some consolidated instructions.

Some users have reported that even though they do not choose the solar energy credit for Arizona, in the state review, they are asked to fill some fields for form 310 (Solar Energy Credit).

We have not been able to reproduce this issue; however, a TurboTax user has come up with a workaround.

When you are asked about entering the property address for the location of the solar energy property, go ahead and enter an address (any address). Then answer any other questions that you have to in order to get off the form. Enter zeros for numbers, if necessary.

Note, it does not matter what you enter, because we are going to delete the form.

To delete the form, please follow these instructions:

1. Finish the rest of your return , and do the Review process. After this is done (and before you file), do the following:

*** Desktop***

2. go to View (at the top), choose Forms, and select the desired form (Arizona 310). Note the Delete Form button at the bottom of the screen.

*** Online ***

2. go to Tax Tools (on the left), and navigate to Tools->Delete a form

3. delete form Arizona 310

Now you can file your return.

THE MOST HELPFUL COMMENT! THANK YOU! 

i.e, Fill out your address, continue, then delete the form!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies