Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8582: Activity Description

How are you able to file Federal without filing for state? 

Don't blame it on the State of MD. No other tax company is having this issue, only TurboTax! TT is not taking accountability and keep giving out false dates of when this issue will be resolved. Pay an outside source to fix your software because obviously you all do not know what you're doing. You have faithful customers waiting to file and you all aren't moving quick enough.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.  I can't delete the form as I do have passive losses I need to carry over.  Are there any other workarounds yet or is it simply a waiting game for Turbotax to fix this?  This is a huge pain as I have more than expected coming back to me on my state return.   Might be time to dump Turbotax for alternative options.

Its a waiting game. The form will not be available until 3/17/22. This is unacceptable. I requested a refund for my State taxes from Turbo Tax and filed directly with the state of MD on their website electronically for free. I already got my state return it took them 4 days to process and pay,

Applied to turbo tax for a refund of the state charges. I could not file Due to the 8582. Was denied refund because it was online version. Satisfaction guarantee doesn't apply to online version purchases.

I filed through the Maryland state government site for free. Went through the first time. 

Learned my lesson..will pick another company next year, after dealing with Turbo Tax for the past 14 years.

I am having the same issue today as well.  Spent 45mins on the phone with a rep trying to delete these forms and they are still not deleting and preventing me from filing the state return.  I don't want to have to start my taxes all over (told by the rep that I would need to do) b/c of a form I don't need.  This needs to be resolved asap or you will be losing not only a long time customer, but it will be reported.  I have been waiting since the 17th when it said it would be ready, 18th got an email saying it is ready, and your site is still saying "Ready Soon".  BTW I am in VA.

It is ready, but TurboTax site says Ready Soon and still can't file.

huetrinh1

The issue has not been resolved.  I live in Maryland and still getting the same error message as of today.

Dont expect a refund for the state issue.  Spoke with a representative who advised that they cannot refund due to it being a finance issue, and to dispute through my credit card company. wth???  I actually paid for a service that I did not use.  I will not be using Turbotax next year for this reason.

tommyboy69
Returning Member

utterly ridicules, every year its one thing or another last year was delay delay costing me 2000 cause your lateness cause delay in taxes  this yeah its 

Activity Description

Activity Description

Activity Description  i see in that same section line D has an x  and no way for me to remove it.  i never placed an x there check back if investments is at risk [not for k-1...  what the hell people  crappy programming intuit? nothing new there  last year i use your software!  im tired of this incompetence and lies after lies.ive used this software atleast 12+years   

i have load hauler in activity description   but noooooo

then i cant efile   "returnes claim other withholding"  i mean wtf people  2 1099nec's  thats it.......

tommyboy69
Returning Member

In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools. no such word exist,

file,edit,view tool   ding  then

my tax data

final review

topic list

attachment

calculator

tax summary

tax history

order history    i mean people you don't even know your software 

yet your telling people

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.
  5.   hello    no such pop up 
tommyboy69
Returning Member

excuses excuses excuses   your costing people thousands of dollars in fee cause your negligence

tommyboy69
Returning Member

their tech people are chinese  

tommyboy69
Returning Member

they used this same excuse last year cost me 2000 dollars in late fees

Perhaps time for us all to band together in a "Class Action" lawsuit . . . all they understand is $$$$ anyway . . .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies