Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tommyboy69
Returning Member

Form 8582: Activity Description

its the same scam in there quickbooks  u inter fuel into fuel section it does not count ur fuel cost  it places the fuel into a non tax section thus no credit  im serious   its  fraud    there using chinese programming   they dont even know there software

tommyboy69
Returning Member

8582  i just got off the phone  with "sharita" at the annapolis office of the state of maryland revenue office  she stated  and i quote " mr ---- form 8582 has fine  maryland is all set  been set   the issue is not maryland its turbo tax...  i thanked her and told her i believe her 100%  
these liars at turbo tax    i cant wait  for that class action suit!!!

ive collected  several   last was just last month from that mortgage scandle country wide/ bank of america $550 in 2021

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to a support rep at Intuit last weekend who acknowledged the issue.  She said they were still "investigating" and would email me once resolved.  Needless to say I haven't heard back.  

KS406
Returning Member

I am also in Iowa, and passive activity to report.  I've never had an issue in the past reporting this using Turbo Tax until this year.  Frustrated.

NOW the Form 8582 HAS CHANGED TO 3/3/22 ????? SO FROM 2/17, to receiving an email saying it was ready on the 18th, then on the trying to file said READY SOON, and now, TODAY IT SAYS 3/3/22??? WTF is going on? I will NOT BE USING TURBO TAX NEXT YEAR, and after looking at these comments from mine, I THINK ALL OF US SHOULD REPORT.. this is the 2nd year there has been some type of issue, and this one YOU are preventing me from getting our money we ACTUALLY WORKED and earned. You turbo tax are taking from my family of 6 and this is unacceptable. I am reporting you to every place by law I can with in 24 hours starting now if this does not get resolved. The state of VA says the **bleep** form has been ready!

THIS IS NOT WORKING FOR MANY OF US.. WE ARE BEING TOLD TO DELETE OR RETURN AND REDO.

This is not what the state of VA is stating. Their form has been ready. It is Turbo Tax.

***Update 02/28/22*** DOES NOT WORK STILL... THIS DOES NOT WORK..

3/1/22

Problem persists

Also MD

One solution- I just e-filed the federal. I will wait for MD State to update later and then e-file (possibly). 

This problem has persisted for over a month now.  I needed form 8582.  I was able to file with taxact in only 90 minutes.  I got a refund from Turbotax  and I'll never look back! my refund was received less than a week after I filed.

Copy the state info from turbo tax. Go to the Maryland state tax site. File for free. Enter the info, from turbo tax and file. This is what I did. Had my Maryland refund 5 days from filing. No refund from turbo tax because I used the online version. 

I will not use turbo tax next year.

alconklin

I live in MD and have properties in SC.  I am getting thiss 8582 Form Error.  When and where do I get the correct form to file my taxes?

dbj2

it is March 2 2022 and this form is still no available  What do I DO?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies