turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dalbetta1

Florida state tax

I live in Florida and I don't need to file a state tax .  Turbo keeps asking me to start state tax and I only need to file federal return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Florida state tax

Just ignore the TurboTax prompts to "begin your state tax return", i.e. Skip State.  

There is a Florida return in TurboTax but it doesn't apply to the majority of taxpayers. Because it is there, however, the program will prompt you to complete it.

The Florida return in TurboTax is to report tangible personal property that is used in a Florida-located business or rental property and is filed with the county property appraiser. 

If you do not have tangible personal property to report, choose Skip State in the State Taxes section.

If you proceeded past the warning screens, try deleting the Florida return --> How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Florida state tax

FL has no state income tax

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900608-how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-online

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Florida state tax

Just ignore the TurboTax prompts to "begin your state tax return", i.e. Skip State.  

There is a Florida return in TurboTax but it doesn't apply to the majority of taxpayers. Because it is there, however, the program will prompt you to complete it.

The Florida return in TurboTax is to report tangible personal property that is used in a Florida-located business or rental property and is filed with the county property appraiser. 

If you do not have tangible personal property to report, choose Skip State in the State Taxes section.

If you proceeded past the warning screens, try deleting the Florida return --> How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies