turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Editing state taxes

It will not let me click on edit for my state taxes, how do I edit them if it will not let me click it?!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Editing state taxes

As long as you have not submitted your tax return, you can still edit them.  To do this, click on State on the left side menu once you are signed into your return.   Then up top, click on Your State Returns.  From that page, you should be able to click on the Edit button.   If the Edit button is not working, try refreshing the page or log out and then log back in.  

If you have already submitted the returns, you will be able to edit them only if they get rejected.  If they are accepted, you will need to file an amended tax return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Editing state taxes

I am unable to edit my state taxes.  The edit button does not work.  I have exited and restarted twice with no luck.  I even attempted to indicated done and then go back and edit -- again with no luck.  Please help!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Editing state taxes

Go to tax tools>tools>delete a form.  Try deleting all the forms in your state return.  If successful, go back and start your state return again to see if you can get a clean copy.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Editing state taxes

Eventually, the edit started working after about 10 minutes.  I had walked away and came back with the ability to edit.  Not sure what the issue was but works fine now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies