turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

madronehomes
Returning Member

Can't eFile in Oregon, mailing instructions?

I'm using Turbotax business to file my LLC tax returns. For some reason, it seems that I can't eFile my return with Oregon, although the federal return went through fine. It sounds like I have to print and mail it but I don't see where Turbotax gives me any guidance as to which forms I need to print and where to send them.  I just says I'm done with my state taxes but doesn't tell me where to go from there.  Any help?

Thanks so much!

Luke

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
madronehomes
Returning Member

Actually, I found the page under  "print and save your tax return" and the instructions are in there. Sorry about that. Still not sure why I can't eFile by business taxes in Oregon through TurboTax though...

Jax1965
Returning Member

I am not able to efile either.  It sends to an DOR link that provides no information.  

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you receiving a specific error message when you try to e-file your Oregon return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
madronehomes
Returning Member

Mine just says:

The following returns cannot be filed electronically:

-Oregon Return

Right after I first purchased the state portion of turbotax business, it said that my Oregon LLC return eFile can't be done through turbotax.  It looks like S corps were having the same problem in 2019 (not sure about now)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/can-turbo-tax-efile-my-oregon-s-[product key remo...

On the Oregon DOR website, it looks like they are accepting eFiling for LLCs, so I'm guessing it's a turbotax thing? 

Jax1965
Returning Member

It just gives a link to DOR, which has no information.  When I try to print it says Oregon has not finalized the forms, but I was able to print my daughters just fine.  I do not have an LLC or S corp.  Just  a regular return with kicker.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@madronehomes

These forms can only be mailed in, not e-filed.  Please see the Business Form Availability and State Form Availability tables here for more information. 

@Jax1965

For further assistance with this matter, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

This sucks! What did I pay $55 dollars for--to save 5 minutes filling out the 10 lines of information on an S-corp excise tax return? Now I still have to print and mail 25 pages including a lot ow white space on the Oregon return and the complete federal return. What a rip-off.

How do I get a rufund? 

madronehomes
Returning Member

@HeatherPLO I agree with the comment above. It does not seem to be the case that partnership tax returns can’t be e filed in Oregon in general. It seems to be a turbo tax issue. The state DOR website says clearly that they are accepting e filing for partnerships. Also the links you provided list all the Oregon forms as available. I’ve already mailed my forms in but it sure is a hassle and extra expense compared to e filing and I did not expect this when I bought the state product through TurboTax. 

thanks! 

luke

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@jlw003 If you would like to request a refund, use this link here to contact Customer Support for further assistance. 

@madronehomes - While the site shows the forms as available, if you look closely you can see that you can only print them out, not e-file.

Oolund

I'am filing S corp tax return what forms do I need to send back to Oregon.  I didn't think it was that much paperwork and looks like turbo tax is just saying I need to provide my k-1 on my form 20-s is this correct?  I know I need to include a check for $150.00 also.  Can someone please confirm this. 

Thanks

madronehomes
Returning Member

@Oolund if you to to the page that allows you to print your return, you can select which forms to print. There is an option to select “forms required for Oregon return” or something like that. When you print this, it will include filing instructions including where to mail and also probably say you owe $150. It’s an excise tax on all businesses in Oregon and the amount depends on the size of your business. $150 is the minimum. 

Oregon wants the entire federal return. Along with the 10 page Oregon return (mostly white spaces!) that can amount to about 25-30 pages total. Ridiculous. You may be able to get by with less, but they may come back and ask for more.

And so far, no indication from Oregon that they will ever accept TurboTax e-file returns. They seem to want only professional level e-filers. I Can't blame them. TurboTax Business seems very unreliable. This will be the last year I will use it.

Jack

EbonyL122824

Thanks for the tip. Still was not easy to find the form, but I did request a refund. The immediate reply was that they would review the request and let me know in 5-7 days. I received a response in 3 hours! Subject Line: 

Your TurboTax Case XXXXXXXXX is Closed - Please Complete our Survey

That was it. No answer about the refund, yes or no or why. Just a link to a survey (in which I rated them 0).

Great customer service.

A few years ago TurboTax cost me $600 because the Oregon individual return was not correct--left out a new form. I asked them to make good on their "guarantee." Ha. No response whatsoever. 

I have been using TurboTax since it was MacInTax in the 1980's. 2021 will be my last year ever with these products.

I was preparing trust tax forms for Oregon and had to use the Oregon fillable pdfs to complete them. I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate if next year TurboTax includes Oregon state form 41 in its TurboTax Business software!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies