Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HB88
Level 5

California Refund Still Pending - Received Status = Unknown

I received emails from the VP and CEO both directed my concern to the Office of the President. Lets see if anything comes about it. But I will keep everyone in the loop. I mentioned this needs to be resolved for everyone not just myself and directed them at one of the threads so they know it is not isolated.

WELL, THIS IS CLEARLY NOT SOLVED.   TURBOTAX / INTUIT EXECUTIVES -- PLEASE FIX THIS FOR US CALIFORNIANS !!!

I ATTACHED THIS THREAD TO MY EMAIL TO THE EXECUTIVES AS WELL. 

So, who is the President ?  All I see is the CEO, and several VP's.   But no President !!!  Who is it ?

HB88
Level 5

Not sure but the CEO is about as high up the food chain as you can go with what is publicly disclosed on that site. If you contacted him you will get a response.

Really now it is up to the people at the Office of the President to resolve this issue. So curious how long it will be before someone reaches out. It's late today but I would hope in the next 2 days they do something about this

OK, thanks for your help.  Hopefully the emails to the CEO will take care of this.  Signing off.  Nighty night....

HB88
Level 5

Good night, will keep you and everyone updates on what happens, not holding my breath

My son and I filed our taxes on February 12th. His CA taxes have been accepted and shows processing. Mine still reads pending. So obviously CA has gotten some returns. 

The same boat, I submitted on 1/23/21 and my CA state is still pending.  I'm not sure if this helped, but I just logged into my TurboTax account and did the following.

*  Clicked on see all my returns

*  Clicked on Add a State below my  CA Pending Status

When I clicked Add a State, it took me back through the final check process, and surprisingly two things were flagged that I needed to review.  Once I reviewed and answered the questions, it closed out my taxes again and brought me back to the main screen with a final overview again.  I know I filled those areas out before, one was related to my CA state county where I live.  I'm hoping this solves the issue and mine gets accepted within the next week.   

It won't hurt to do what I did, to see if you have anything pending review, even though it checked out okay when you originally did your taxes.  Mine checked out too but now asked me for my county information.

Can you please let us know if that works?

Will do.  I took a shot and was actually surprised I had two items from state requiring review again. I had to enter my country of residence again.  

sure hope this clears it up.  

I went through my Calif return again, and after checking and finding no errors, it told me that I had already e-filed so there was  no return for me to e-file.  I  hope the executives at Turbotax / Intuit respond to our emails.

GabiU
Level 15

**Update for 2021, (tax year 2020)**

Some of you have noticed an issue where your return has been in a pending status multiple days.  This pending status means we noticed an issue that may have caused your return to be rejected and are doing an extra review to assess the reason it was flagged, resolve it for you, or identify what you need to do to ensure everything is accurate and your return is accepted.  

If this applies to you, we will be sending you an email within 48 hours with confirmation that your return has been filed, or instructions for any additional steps that need to be taken to ensure an accurate return is filed, accepted, and you receive every dollar you deserve.  We apologize again this has caused a delay in receiving your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
HB88
Level 5

People need to stop marking these threads at Solved. If this is the Admin @GabiU doing this than shame on you. This is not a solved issue.

Also your response is the same exact response I got from the Office of the President after contacting the VP's and CEO.

No one asked me anything specific about my account or social yet they provided the same Canned response you are posting. This is not solving the problem, it is a canned response and people are no hoping something will be updates even though many of us have wait already and still have a Pending status.

So Stop making these Threads as Solved until someone actually gets real solutions from Turbotax rather than canned responses from some office and now the Admins on this forum.

This is poor damage control and the PR will follow!

As I was looking through this thread, I got an email that my CA return had been rejected. The following message shows when you go to fix the errors in TurboTax: 

"There is an internal processing error with your return. This issue is resolved in a product release scheduled for February 18, 2021. Please update your software on or after 02/18/2021 (for web products this will happen automatically) and run a final review of your state return. If prompted, clear any errors by making the appropriate change and re-submit this return electronically. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

So they screwed up and are just now issuing the software fix.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies