Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CA state tax efile

how come i was able to proceed with efile for my california state tax when there was a message that i cannot print because some forms were not updated. will that affet my state tax return? when will i be able to print my state tax return? also it had individual on the return when clearly i filed married filing joint.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

CA state tax efile

Some of the forms in the California State return cannot be printed but can be efiled to the state of California.This will not affect your state return. It's filed correctly.

All forms say US Individual Tax Return to differentiate it from a corporate or partnership business return.  This does not affect your filing status.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

CA state tax efile

Some of the forms in the California State return cannot be printed but can be efiled to the state of California.This will not affect your state return. It's filed correctly.

All forms say US Individual Tax Return to differentiate it from a corporate or partnership business return.  This does not affect your filing status.

heather61
Returning Member

CA state tax efile

OR...you've paid for those CA state tax returns to be e-filed, and find out you can't e-file but you can print them and mail them in (or wait a week for TurboTax to come up with a "fix") .  I want my $40 returned!  I drive by the California Franchise Tax Board on my way to work each day.  I could probably go 2 miles out of my way tomorrow and drop the returns to their office in person, AND have the refund in my bank before February 6.

CA state tax efile

I paid to file my ca return.  I received an email that the fed accepted my return but not ca.  Should I be worried that something went wrong.  Tubo tax said my return were free from errors

CA state tax efile

what are you suggesting I do

CA state tax efile

what is your response  Iam confused

AmyC
Expert Alumni

CA state tax efile

The federal processes returns first and then the return moves to the state. It usually processes within another day or two. You can track your refunds:

Federal  Where's my refund 

CA - Where's My Refund? | FTB.ca.gov

@victor rose

CA state tax efile

If you used the Desktop program it didn't even Transmit my state until federal was accepted so be patient and keep checking.  Also when I check my electronic filing history it says the same things over and over lime 20 times.  Scroll to the end.

this year you can only check the efile  status status in the program and not online.   To check the filing status,

In the Desktop program open your return and go up to menu item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

Also check the History.  Next line down.

CA state tax efile

I e-filed my CA return it was accepted & I subsequently discovered an error in my state tax withholding.

I over stated my withholdings & although I entitle to a refund it should be less $.

Should I file an amended return or just wait for state to pick up on my error & send me a reduced $ refund ?

CA state tax efile

Wait and see if they catch it.  Have you received the first refund yet?  Do not amend until they finish processing your return and send you the refund.  

CA state tax efile

I have not received first refund yet. Efiled return is still being processed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies