turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CA Return not accepted yet?

I did 3 tax returns for myself and wife and my two kids, all have been accepted except my wifes and I CA state return which is still pending which we filed before feb 12 ..how long do I wait until I have to worry about this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
DavidD66
Employee Tax Expert

State tax returns are not transmitted to the state until after the Federal return has been accepted.  In addition, state e-files take longer than federal to be processed.  State returns are transmitted to the IRS, and then the IRS forwards the return on to the state.  The bottleneck may be with the  IRS.  As long as your return is not "rejected" there is nothing to be concerned about at this point.  You are not the only one experiencing a delay with state returns, and it's not just California.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
twoozin8tor
Returning Member

Thank you for the answer. It's a bit reassuring to know it's happened to someone else; however, how much longer should I wait until the possible bottleneck on the Federal side is "nothing to be concerned about at this point"??

I filed both Federal and California returns on February 10th and Federal accepted my return on February 11th. For as many years as I've efiled, the Federal and State returns are almost always filed & ACCEPTED  simultaneously & immediately. This situation concerns me, as I would like to be reassured that the resolution is being addressed, and by whom.  Federal, California or TurboTax?

Thank you for your response to the second part of the question.

~gail a. reynolds

DaveyBoy

I filed in both California and Oregon. Oregon quickly accepted on second submittal after a TurboTax software update. California has not accepted. This is slower than I’ve ever seen on California acceptance in recent years, but I am filing earlier than usual.

CPE

We also submitted Federal and California on 02/13/2021.  Federal was accepted almost immediately.  But CA is still pending - 5 days and counting.  I also ask, how long should we wait on this before starting an alternate process (resubmit or send in via mail or ....)

Same here, I filed both on 2/1/21, Federal accepted on 2/13/21, CA still pending on 2/18/21

DaveyBoy

CA just rejected based on Turbotax SW errors. TurboTax went through a big update when i got back on. Rejection provided instructions for some minor reviews in deductions. E-file now re-completed. Maybe this time.

Thanks everyone, I just refiled and did submit another deduction ..save me a few bucks but not sure if that was worth the suspense!

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies