Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ca refund rejection

Hello my CA refund has been rejected twice and I need help to fix this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Ca refund rejection

There have been a lot of rejections from California due to the county input. If your return is being rejected for your county input, it is important to note that the county name is case sensitive. The first letter of every word should be capitalized and you should only type the name of the county. For example, if you lived in Los Angeles county, you would just write "Los Angeles". 

In this case, you can get back to this screen to reenter the county in TurboTax by following the steps below:

1. Click on State on the left column. 
  2. Confirm that a resident return in the State of California is being filed. 
  3. Click continue.
  4. Answer the questions about your 2019 filing.
  5. On the next screen, titled Your Principal Residence, enter your county of residence as outlined above. 
  6. You can refile once you fix the county (if this was your issue). 

If you entered your county correctly originally and this was not an issue on your tax return, please look if you received an ACTION NEEDED! email from turbotax@intuit.com. This e-mail will give you a brief explanation of your reject and how to update it. You can also sign in to your TurboTax account and select Fix my return to see your reject code and explanation. Follow any “fix it” instructions to update the information causing the rejection, and continue through to refile your return (either e-file or file by mail). However, not all rejections will have explicit guides to fixing the information. 

If your correctly is correct and you did not receive "fix it" instructions, please comment below with a description of your rejection code and we will assist you further. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
feekat
Returning Member

Ca refund rejection

I filed my taxes on Feb 11, 2021 and my federal was accepted but I just received a reject from CA and all it says is "CA_Itemized - We've identified a potential issue in your California return due to an error in our software." When I logged back into TT it doesn't tell me what exactly the problem is.

Tells me to select California and "check it over again" but it doesn't come up with any issues.  What do I do? do I just try and re-file?  If so, it goes to the Federal e-file first (which has already been filed and accepted). I don't want to re-file and have it rejected again. Also, is there a limit on e-refiling?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies