Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bentley01
Returning Member

CA E-file delay

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

CA E-file delay

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bentley01
Returning Member

CA E-file delay

My e-file status continues to be "pending" for the CA state tax filing.  I e-filed it on the 15th along with my Federal.  My federal rejected due to a missing ID PIN for my spouse.  I fixed this issue and then refiled the federal within an hour and it was accepted within a few hours.  Meanwhile the CA state e-file just sat there "pending".  I expected it to be rejected but it never was and is still just sitting there "pending".  I can't refile it as Turbotax thinks it is submitted....

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

CA E-file delay

Sometimes it does take a bit longer to process.  Just be patient and check back in a few days to see if the return has either been accepted or rejected. 

Why is my return still pending? 

bentley01
Returning Member

CA E-file delay

I am not sure why everyone thinks this will just cure itself.  It is now over 4 days and it is still "pending."  Who do I call to identify next steps?  California?  Intuit?   

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

CA E-file delay

Pending is a normal step.  There is no way to force a return out of this status.  Four days isn't particularly common, but it also isn't unheard of during periods of high volume such as the period just before filing deadlines.  

The only next step for a pending return, unfortunately, is to wait for the return to move to rejected or accepted status.  

bentley01
Returning Member

CA E-file delay

I appreciate everyone's opinion but I think my CA State return has ended up in limbo somewhere as it still is "pending."  It had been rejected previously as a result of the federal being rejected and was resubmitted.  The Fed got rejected again but the CA State never left pending.  I fixed the federal and it was accepted but the CA State has never left "pending."  I am now at the point of probably a late filing penalty; thank goodness I paid the tax liability before the 17th.  I can't help but hold Turbotax responsible as I paid them $25 and used their system to submit.  I will continue to wait and see, but I wake up each morning to the same word: "pending"

bentley01
Returning Member

CA E-file delay

Still pending....does anyone know how to contact CA state e-filing???

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies