Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

2023 TT State (Virginia) Download in loop

@sagnr  Can you tell me what state you are working on that the reinstall worked for?  Also tell me the type of return you are doing.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is the link for Business State Forms Availability. Looks like the MA forms are not available yet.

@gcarr13 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having the same issue with California. In my case it seems to have resulted from an attempt to uninstall and reinstall due to another unresolved TT issue (Can't e-file Form 7206). California initially downloaded fine, but on uninstall/reinstall, the state download is in the previously described loop. When I installed TT on a different computer, I was able to download the state.

I'm going to guess there is residual info in the Windows Registry that the TTStateCleanUp fixes, but it has not been updated for 2023. I'm going to try uninstalling and then check the registry and delete anything for 2023 and try again.

Tried the RegEdit and deleted all TT 2023 entries, but same problem. Sigh! I've used TT every year for more than 20 years. This year is a total fail!

JDPSSP

It's now February 28, 2024 and Ohio State download is still in a constant loop never installing. I've tried ALL the things! If it's not going to be available why take peoples money until it is?!

JDPSSP

SAME ISSUES! February28th!!

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

I was able to look up mine, Pennsylvania, and it said when it would be available. That was on the 23rd, and on the 24th everything worked. 

DJS
Alumni
Alumni

It's very likely that there are residual entries in the registry even after you uninstall the program, and this is keeping the state program from installing. I've faced this sort of problem in the past, and found that doing a COMPLETE uninstall, that cleans up all registry entries, resolves the problem. I use Revo Uninstaller, which is available free.

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**
gcarr13

Well, I've stop trying to uninstall/reinstall software because every time I go to the State status webpage, the date gets pushed back another week. Starting to wonder 1) why was able to pay for the download when it isn't available, 2) when it REALLY will be available, and 3) should I just file an extension now??? Of course I can't do our personal return because I need to get the pass thru information first.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies