turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Kalihiboy
Returning Member

2017 ca form won't instal

I'm using Mojave 10.14.5 which is supposed to be the latest version.

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean when you ask if I'm using a "paid version". I purchased the TT cd from Costco and downloaded it to my Mac. The robo-voice did ask a question about whether I had the online or cd/download version and I responded with the latter choice. It then asked but did not "recognize" my phone number and redirected me back to Community Chat.

I have not tried the link you provided but will early tomorrow morning. 

Kalihiboy
Returning Member

I'm using Mojave 10.14.5 which is supposed to be the latest version.

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean when you ask if I'm using a "paid version". I purchased the TT cd from Costco and downloaded it to my Mac. The robo-voice did ask a question about whether I had the online or cd/download version and I responded with the latter choice. It then asked but did not "recognize" my phone number and redirected me back to Community Chat.

I have not tried the link you provided but will early tomorrow morning. 

@Kalihiboy   See if you can find that "Go to Folder" menu in the Finder section.  Do you know how to get to Finder on your Mac?   I'll also see if I can get a Mac user to help you find it.

I already knew you are using a paid version, since all desktop software is a paid version.  What I said was when you phone Support by the first method you used,  that the automated system has to figure out if you are using a paid product or not, so it will ask you some questions.    Since you are using the desktop software (a paid product), you are entitled to phone support, and you should be able to get through to them.  

If you still can't find where to follow those steps I provided in another comment, then maybe you'll have better luck contacting Support tomorrow using that contact form link I provided.

@ macuser_22 

If you are in the forum this evening, are you able to please explain to this user how to use the list of instructions I provided above to get to the GO menu and the ~/Library, etc.  in order to extract the zipped file.  Thanks.

Kalihiboy
Returning Member

Hi mesquite bean,

I took your advice and used support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact and found a call-in phone number. There was only a 10 minute wait time before I spoke to a real person who patiently spent 2-¼ hrs with me trying to isolate the issue. Long story short, she sent me a replacement Federal and California state app/forms. Once I downloaded both, I was back in business. In hindsight, I think the issue occurred when I opened my 2018 TT app to review some of my numbers. By default, it checks for and implements updates and something triggered the wipe out of my California state forms. I'm not a savvy IT person so this is just my conjecture. 

Thanks again for the lead.

Kalihiboy

You're welcome.  We're glad they were able to get you what you needed.

I am trying to file my 2017 taxes

Messiah1976 wrote:
I am trying to file my 2017 taxes

Do you have a question?   If you are using a Mac and have the same issue with the California state download/install loop as the other users in this thread, then see the comments above for the solution.

If your issue is different, then you need to start your own new thread, using the blue "ask a question" button here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/02/202

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies