or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamandgreg2020
Level 2

purchase eFile for state tax

I would like to purchase the state tax e-file now while I am waiting for an updated federal form. How do I go about pre-paying for that now so I will be ready to e-file both returns once I complete all forms? My deluxe version already includes federal e-file and the state prep, just not the state e-file.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

In TurboTax Online you can select File in the left-hand navigation panel, finish step one to pay for your e-file and then return to go back and finish your return when ready. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Depending on which forms you are required to file they may not be available for release in order to complete the e-filing process. Please see the links below for more information about your specific federal and state form status and availability:

Click here for: State

pamandgreg2020
Level 2

I see the issue now is final version of the Sch K-1 in Turbo Tax is not included so e-file is on hold. What I would like to do is pre-pay for state e-filing before the March 1st price increase. I have both the federal and state tax forms complete. Since my version of TT includes federal e-file and state, I simply want to add the state e-file feature now so I am ready to go once Turbo Tax is updated. Is it possible to purchase state e-file for Illinois now since I already own TT Deluxe with state?

pamandgreg2020
Level 2

Sorry, this did not answer my question on how to purchase state e-file for Deluxe version owners.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

In TurboTax Online you can select File in the left-hand navigation panel, finish step one to pay for your e-file and then return to go back and finish your return when ready. 

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v