Solved: purchase eFile for state tax

pamandgreg2020

purchase eFile for state tax

I would like to purchase the state tax e-file now while I am waiting for an updated federal form. How do I go about pre-paying for that now so I will be ready to e-file both returns once I complete all forms? My deluxe version already includes federal e-file and the state prep, just not the state e-file.

MichelleLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

purchase eFile for state tax

In TurboTax Online you can select File in the left-hand navigation panel, finish step one to pay for your e-file and then return to go back and finish your return when ready. 

KatrinaLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

purchase eFile for state tax

Depending on which forms you are required to file they may not be available for release in order to complete the e-filing process. Please see the links below for more information about your specific federal and state form status and availability:

Click here for: State

pamandgreg2020

purchase eFile for state tax

I see the issue now is final version of the Sch K-1 in Turbo Tax is not included so e-file is on hold. What I would like to do is pre-pay for state e-filing before the March 1st price increase. I have both the federal and state tax forms complete. Since my version of TT includes federal e-file and state, I simply want to add the state e-file feature now so I am ready to go once Turbo Tax is updated. Is it possible to purchase state e-file for Illinois now since I already own TT Deluxe with state?

pamandgreg2020

purchase eFile for state tax

Sorry, this did not answer my question on how to purchase state e-file for Deluxe version owners.

MichelleLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

purchase eFile for state tax