Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

PA State will not let me start/edit.

Turbo Tax Premier 2022.  I completed 1 return, downloaded PA state and worked just fine.  Working on 2nd return, get to the State portion, it shows PA - clicked 'Start' but did not do anything.  waited over 5 minutes.  Closed (did not save) and restarted TT.  now it shows 'EDIT' but does not do anything after clicking it.  Tried 'Review' but is shows 19 errors.  TT will not let me Edit my PA State data.   PA is only state i downloaded.  I have used TT on Windows for 20+ years now, only PA state each time, have never experienced this issue before.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

thx for the tip.  Yes, i actually did switch to Forms to see if there was a a clue, and i found a worksheet flagged as not completed.  i tried to fill-out that sheet best i could, but i was not able to clear that flag.  So i ended up starting over (with transfer) and entering all my data again.  everything worked fine second time through.  i suspect it was possibly related to attempting to add a deduction for 'managing  investments' (computer equipment) - i tried that the first time, but abandoned it after getting into all the fine print, and i think TT left a form or worksheet 'empty'.   I did not do that the second time around when it worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

You can edit in Forms mode. Tap Forms in the top right corner. In the left column, anything with a red exclamation mark needs editing. The boxes in pink require attention.

Sometimes editing one or two of those entries and then going back to Step-by-Step will clear the program.

To return to Step-by-Step tap on Step-by-Step in the upper right where Forms used to be.

Last, are you working on a PA resident return? If this is a non-resident return, make sure you entered Pennsylvania in Other State Income in Personal Info.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

thx for the tip.  Yes, i actually did switch to Forms to see if there was a a clue, and i found a worksheet flagged as not completed.  i tried to fill-out that sheet best i could, but i was not able to clear that flag.  So i ended up starting over (with transfer) and entering all my data again.  everything worked fine second time through.  i suspect it was possibly related to attempting to add a deduction for 'managing  investments' (computer equipment) - i tried that the first time, but abandoned it after getting into all the fine print, and i think TT left a form or worksheet 'empty'.   I did not do that the second time around when it worked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies