Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BECCACAP
Returning Member

PA State taxes not recieved

After filing my state I didn't see a refund. I got a refund the previous year. Who should I get in touch with to find out what happened to it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Some states are quick with refunds, while some (like MO, CO, LA, WV, GA, etc.) can take a long time--even several weeks--as they crack down on detecting fraudulent returns.

You need to first check to be sure that your return was successfully filed.   

If you efiled, what do you see when you check with this tool?   Was your state return accepted?
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If that showed your efiled state return was accepted, or if you printed and mailed the return, the FAQ below tells how to check on a state refund.

TIP:   While you're at your state's tax website, also look for a statement or FAQ that may say about how long it takes to get a refund in your state and how to long to wait before phoning them.

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

As mentioned in an earlier post, first make sure that your PA state income tax return has been filed and accepted by PA.

Then check line 30 of your PA Form 40.  If a refund was due, it would be listed on line 30.

PA has a flat rate tax and a minority of folks receive PA refunds. Under PA law, all employees have exactly the correct amount of PA income taxes withheld.  So if your only income is from W2 wages,  it is common that the exact amount of taxes due had been withheld already.  PA generally only allows deductions for:

1. 529 Plan contributions.

2. Unreimbursed business expenses.

3.  For low income taxpayers, you may receive a credit for PA Tax Forgiveness if qualify.

The PA website states to allow 8-10 weeks for refunds to be processed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies