turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Oregon Tax Filing now under manual review

As frustrated as I am I'm glad to here I'm not the only one.  First time filing with Turbotax this year, and BAM! Pulled for manual processing.  I filed mine and accepted 1/28/2018 Im still waiting for state.  I have emailed, and called several times.   All I get back is no more info than what it says on the state where's my refund site!   This is ridiculous!
sunny11

I filed my Oregon State taxes through Turbo Tax in Jan. 28th.  I received a request through the mail on April 1st, for a copy of my W-2 forms.  I sent those back in the very next day.  I received my tax refund on May 10th, 2018.  

I hope that next year is not as troublesome!

This has happened to me again this yer.  It took months to get my last refund.  Very annoying.

I’m under manual review, disappointing that may have to wait. I hope I don’t screw up Oregon portion as it brought up some sheet and I signed it but didn’t fill In anything looked like it was just asking for signature, ugh. 

I got federal return already but now waiting until after 15th only to find out I’m being manually reviewed. I thought the state side was different then federal I hope I didn’t goof something up.

I  don’t get eic and under review.  

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

According to this link, Oregon will follow federal guidelines and the won’t be issuing personal income tax refunds until after February 15.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Does the manual review thing have anything to do with them not issuing refunds until after February 15? I think it's a separate issue....

just found out i'm also under manual review. What i'm most annoyed about is paying to efile my state return and having to wait however long to be manually processed.... that doesn't seem right to me.

Vn3

I’m also delayed due to manual processing. Paid to e-file and auto deposit! Grrr! 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

This Oregon Department of Revenue press release discusses why Returns May Need 'Manual Review'.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The press release you attached is two years old. Meanwhile, the website says: "Our return processing center is experiencing a delay in processing paper tax returns. If you mailed a paper return, we likely have it, but you won’t be able to check the status of your refund using “Where’s My Refund?” until after April 1. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact our Tax Services Unit at [phone number removed] if you have any questions." Maybe one of the reasons they're experiencing delays in processing paper tax returns is that they're spending so much time manually reviewing too many electronically filed returns. I get the need for manual review where there's a fraud flag or suspicion but otherwise TurboTax filed returns should not routinely be reviewed manually in my opinion. If they want to review them after the refund processes, that's their prerogative. But unless there's a suspicion of fraud, the TT filed return is most likely going to be accurate.

Do you recall how long it took for your Efile to be “accepted”?  I’m going on day two and it never taken more than 6 hours in 7 years. 

Martin, sorry, I don't remember the exact date but I think it was about a week. I know they won't be issuing refunds until mid February as they've said that publicly. I guess it depends on what the reason is that it was flagged to begin with. Some are easily resolved, others may take longer. And I wouldn't be surprised if everything doesn't take longer this year because of covid and staffing issues. Good luck!

I was manually reviewed last year and never got my returns, I'm used to them going to student debt tho. This year I just checked and AGAIN manually reviewed. Never whe. I went to H&R OR liberty did I and I do nothing different and claim one.i even uploaded tax information from. The link... 😏 think I'm done with turbo... so I hear everyone this year talking about there refunds being 5x higher than mine. I'm single mom and I did t break 1g

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies