turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tcapedal

Oregon Tax Filing now under manual review

In 16 years of filing with my wife, we have always received our refunds within 2 weeks. Our tax filings are very simple and we have had no significant changes for 2015. Why am I being told that our Oregon filing is being "manually reviewed" and could take 12 weeks to review. It has already been 8 weeks at this point. Did something not transmit properly via Turbo Tax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

Generally, a certain number of tax returns are selected at random for review.  Rather than being processed electronically, they are reviewed by an employee and processed manually.  If you are due a refund, the manual review process takes longer so it will be delayed a bit.  Other than the delay, there is no reason to be concerned.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

49 Replies
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

Generally, a certain number of tax returns are selected at random for review.  Rather than being processed electronically, they are reviewed by an employee and processed manually.  If you are due a refund, the manual review process takes longer so it will be delayed a bit.  Other than the delay, there is no reason to be concerned.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

On checking in with Oregon about where my refund is, I am under manual review as well, but haven't received any correspondence to indicate the state might need more information from me. I'm a single parent claiming my children each year as head of household, my last several years worth of returns have been the same. A little bit of digging reports that a lot of Oregon residents with refunds due to them are under the same nondescript "Manual Review". I found one report that blamed automated tax filing fraud as a potential cause to the delay, but it's unconfirmed whether that's the case or not. I filed my taxes on 1/27/16 and was notified 48 hours later that Oregon had accepted my return. I'm furious, but there is nothing to do but wait I suppose.

What happened with this? Did you receive your return around 12 weeks later?
lvilches

I was in manual review last year and I filed taxes January 20th, 2016. Oregon did not give me my refund until JULY!! but they did pay interest for holding it up. I also pay for daycare and had to provide all this information to them, bank statements, check copies, and even a statement from my daycare provider saying the actually watch my child. SO crazy!! I work hard and pay WAY more than my Oregon refund in daycare costs so its ridiculous that I have to do all this extra work. I'm even more irritated because guess what??...I'm in manual review AGAIN this year and I filed January 26th 2017. Thanks, Oregon!!

April 11th was when mine finally showed up... so just within the 12 week mark.
jonwbeal

I have never been flagged for manual review in the last 4 years filing in Oregon. I guess this is the end of the line for my quick refunds. I also got the message that Oregon accepted my refund, but did they not, then, if it has to be reviewed manually?  This isn't even my biggest refund from Oregon either. I think it's a tactic to spread the tax payments over time so they can hold onto their money longer. Is there anything we can do to get it faster, and if not, is it true about them paying interest?

Did your federal return come in despite the state return delay?
jonwbeal

I received my federal refund today.

jonwbeal:  you must not have had to file TEIC...lucky,for those that did,we will have to wait until the end of Feb. at the earliest.  good luck on state,I, too am under manual review...again..nothing wrong with the last time so don't know why it's flagged again!!

does this have to do with the new PATH ACT that is being enforced this year?  for those who claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Credit?

next level..yes..for the federal return but not sure what's going on with state.  Last year TT had a fraud issue and the state returns were delayed shortly after the season started.  maybe the state is taking pre-empted measures to early filers claiming tax credits..

We are also under manual review after 18 years of regular filing? No letter, hopefully we get the return sooner rather than later. Thanks for all the info
rkhthorn

No child tax credit or EIC here.  Filed 02-11-17, Federal Refund approved 02-18-17; so far no letter from Oregon.  Under manual review as well.
jesse-1

I too am under manual review! This will be my 16y using Turbo Tax and Not once have I had and issue. Both Fed & State accepted on Feb 14 2017. I am due to get my Fed back within the week! I don't have child care expense but was out of work most of the year to disability which I paid into for 10ys while employed at PPS (PLUMBER) and when I tried to report the income they said it was non taxable box12- j- sick pay. Any way have one dependent so I qualified for EIC this year. So who knows as I read it seems everyone has basically the same issue! WHY!!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies