Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JQ1025

Oregon Tax Filing now under manual review

3/2/22

This is the second time in three years I’ve had "manual review” of my state return. It’s never happened previously and would it would be helpful to know what’s being flagged so I can correct in the future.  -JQ

I just today got another update for my tax software (not turbotax) for OR state return.

perhaps there was some confusion about some line items.

The tax software outfits no longer detail what they've been fixing.

Suggestion: don't file early; wait for the bugs to be worked out.

My State refund is also under manual review, I got my federal a week ago and I file electronically on February 23. I have two different refund amounts on my transcripts.  The amounts I first got we're not corrected as I had realized I forgot to add my second W-2. So now the amount Federal refunded me is more than I think it should be, but it was accepted and deposited. I called IRS several times, spoke to someone about my issue and was told there wasn't anything that I could do, or they could do. So each time I use the where's my refund tool, I have to use the first amount I got or else it tells me they have no record matching my info. Federal has deposited my refund. I normally would have thought I should have filed a amended return but was told only to do so if the IRS instructed me to do so. I did4go back and enter my other W-2, and I think that's why there are two different amounts. 

@Banditthedog1Question: What exactly did you do when you say: "I did go back and enter my other W-2, and I think that's why there are two different amounts." Where did  you enter the second W-2 if you had already filed with only the first W-2 and did not amend your return?

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

You must wait for the state to finish it's review.  If they have questions or a correction needs to be made they will contact you (letter) with instructions.  I recommend you don't make any changes to any returns until the originals have been processed.  

@Banditthedog1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies