turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should i include my federal papers to mail my IL state tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to attach your Federal return.

Attach all necessary W-2 and 1099 forms to your Form IL-1040
  • If you are claiming Illinois Income Tax withheld on Line 26, you must attach all W-2 and 1099 forms that show Illinois Income Tax withheld. If your W-2 is incorrect, you must obtain a corrected W-2 from your employer and attach it to your return.
  • If you are filing Schedule CR to claim credit for taxes paid to other states or municipalities, include any W-2 or 1099 that supports your claim of income that is double taxed.

Include all necessary supporting schedules, forms, and attachments with your Form IL-1040
  • If you are claiming property tax credit, education expense credit, or earned income credit (EIC), you must complete and attach Schedule ICR. Do not forget to include your property index number(s) and county name(s) for property tax credit.
  • If you are claiming a subtraction for Social Security or retirement income on Line 5, you must attach U.S. 1040 or U.S. 1040A, Page 1 and any W-2 and 1099 forms related to your subtraction.
  • If you list other additions on Line 3 or other subtractions on Line 7, you must complete and attach Schedule M.
  • If you are a part-year or nonresident of Illinois, you must complete and attach Schedule NR. Unemployment income is taxed by Illinois if you earned it while an Illinois resident or you received it from the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES). This income should be included on Line 17 of your Schedule NR.
  • If you are annualizing your income, you must complete and attach Form IL-2210.

http://www.revenue.state.il.us/Individuals/AvoidCommonFilingMistakes.htm

View solution in original post

8 Replies

What State?

IL

You don't need to attach your Federal return.

Attach all necessary W-2 and 1099 forms to your Form IL-1040
  • If you are claiming Illinois Income Tax withheld on Line 26, you must attach all W-2 and 1099 forms that show Illinois Income Tax withheld. If your W-2 is incorrect, you must obtain a corrected W-2 from your employer and attach it to your return.
  • If you are filing Schedule CR to claim credit for taxes paid to other states or municipalities, include any W-2 or 1099 that supports your claim of income that is double taxed.

Include all necessary supporting schedules, forms, and attachments with your Form IL-1040
  • If you are claiming property tax credit, education expense credit, or earned income credit (EIC), you must complete and attach Schedule ICR. Do not forget to include your property index number(s) and county name(s) for property tax credit.
  • If you are claiming a subtraction for Social Security or retirement income on Line 5, you must attach U.S. 1040 or U.S. 1040A, Page 1 and any W-2 and 1099 forms related to your subtraction.
  • If you list other additions on Line 3 or other subtractions on Line 7, you must complete and attach Schedule M.
  • If you are a part-year or nonresident of Illinois, you must complete and attach Schedule NR. Unemployment income is taxed by Illinois if you earned it while an Illinois resident or you received it from the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES). This income should be included on Line 17 of your Schedule NR.
  • If you are annualizing your income, you must complete and attach Form IL-2210.

http://www.revenue.state.il.us/Individuals/AvoidCommonFilingMistakes.htm

Ok Got it..Hope and think TurboTax has prepared those forms for IL but was not sure if i had to include those federal forms which i e-filed. so thanks. I was not seeing how they arrived at AGI on this form, so was not so sure.

Ok Got it..Hope and think TurboTax has prepared those forms for IL but was not sure if i had to include those federal forms which i e-filed. so thanks. I was not seeing how they arrived at AGI on this form, so was not so sure.

I thought you were going to mail in a return.  If you e-filed your return the TurboTax transmitted all the forms that were needed for your IL State.

No, i e-filed federal and not state

Oh, OK
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies