turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

NY. IT360.1 Line 15 Other Inc shows HSA Emp'er Cont'n $750. Error is "Amt in line 15 of Other Inc w/s don't agree with Inc Alloc w/s to Line 15 Column A" How to fix?

@alexandra11

While looking for a solution or workaround, I have come across some anomalies on your return.

In the Personal Info/My Info section of the return, you indicated that you moved from New York to Florida on August 12, 2020.

However, in the New York interview on the screen headed "Date of Last Move", you entered that the date of the last move (presumably out of New York) was March 14, 2020.

Which is correct or is there another explanation?

In addition, I cannot create a test that shows "Taxable HSA Distribution" like your return does in that screenshot.

In your federal return, you don't have any HSA distribution, taxable or otherwise. 

How about this? Do you have the CD/download software?

Can you go look at form "IT-360.1 Stm TP"? This should be the line below "IT-360.1 TP". There is likely a red exclamation mark next to it.

On line 15, on the "Change of City Resident Status Statement", the first line should be HSA under Description, 1,960 in Column A and 396 in Column B.

When you look at the "Total other income" line below, the box in Column is probably pink, indicating an error, with the number 1,960 in it (or the box may be blue and the numbers pink).

• Please right mouse click on his box (the total with 1,960 in it).
  • Then click on "Override".
  • Then delete the 1,960.
  • Now go back to step by step mode and run your state review. See if the error in the review is gone (you have another error so fix that one).

Honestly, I have no idea if that HSA line should be there at all, but this will at least let you file, if you have the desktop software.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

NY. IT360.1 Line 15 Other Inc shows HSA Emp'er Cont'n $750. Error is "Amt in line 15 of Other Inc w/s don't agree with Inc Alloc w/s to Line 15 Column A" How to fix?

Hi @BillM223 

In reference to the change in residency, I moved from NY --> MD --> FL during 2020. I just went through everything and think I am handling those moves correctly.

I use the online version, not the software version. Can you please instruct me on how to download that and move my returns on to the software version? 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Please see this TurboTax Help page on how to switch from TurboTax Online to the desktop software.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies