Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NJ Tax Return won't print

Why can't I print my NJ tax return? Turbotax let's me complete it and view it in the product, but when I try to print I get a notice that forms aren't available and I can't view, print or generate a pdf.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Most NJ "Print" forms are expected t be ready (but not promised)  28 January:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

Even if otherwise ready, do NOT file before 12 Feb....just don't !

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

25 Replies

As the notice said, the forms are not ready yet.

Most NJ "Print" forms are expected t be ready (but not promised)  28 January:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

Even if otherwise ready, do NOT file before 12 Feb....just don't !

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks

The link for forms availability for NJ states the resident returns are available as of 2/2/22. Apparently this is not true.

Just to confirm, this delay is coming from NJ. Turbo Tax is not the only program that cannot print certain forms. 

ajm19
Returning Member

Tax Year 2021. TT is saying cannot print a copy of my NJ return even though it allowed me to electronically file on Friday, January 28, 2022.  I even got the confirming email from TT on January 29, 2022 stating "NJ state has accepted your return"  What is going on?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

@ajm19

Good thing is your returns have successfully been e-filed.  Now TurboTax is aware of an issue with printing the NJ returns.  Early in filing season we encounter many issues of this nature.  Let me assure you that we are addressing this issue now.  I do not have a date when the fix will be available but I suggest checking back ever so often to see if you can print.

Sometimes, merely clearing your cookies and rebooting clears up the issue.  Try that to see if it helps, in the meantime.

Cookies are small files that temporarily store data on your computer. We use them to personalize your experience so you see information you already entered and not items that are irrelevant or repetitive.

On rare occasions, they may make your browser think you already did something that you still need to do. To fix that, you'll need to delete (clear) the cookies from your browser.

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ajm19
Returning Member

Thank you @Cynthiad66  - clearing cookie didn't work.  But I will give it a few more week and check again.

its not an issue with browser cache - the forms are not available for use yet from NJ or so its said.

I have the exact same problem with Rhode Island.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

We have been advised of this issue and it has been escalated. Please check back for updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

ok now maybe you can work on the Rhode Island issue forms won't print.  That would be great.

It is February 4, 2022, and Turbo Tax is having the same issue with NJ State.    First it told me the Forms weren't ready, then I got an email said they were ready to file.    Attempted to do so on the 4th.    Won't allow me to print or save them as a PDF.     The forms have 'DO NOT MAIL E-FILE only watermarked across them".    I have always mailed my State Return and want to do so again.    It is appearing as though Turbo Tax is just trying to collect an additional $20.00 from me to file my State Tax Return.      I keep getting an error message in a red box saying the NJ forms are not ready.

@eagleness54 

(Edited)

Anyhow...some of the Print-mail forms for NJ appear to be available on 10 Feb, or 17 Feb, depending on what forms are being used, and perhaps you need one or more of them, (or haven't actually updated yoru software recently)...keep an eye on the following link (Software updates usually occur on Wed or Thurs evenings, so check again each Friday for your software updates):

New Jersey Individual Forms Availability (intuit.com)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies