turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NC REFUND

I can't believe this time frame of my tax returns. Also you made a mistake, I am not to be taxed on my NC Retirement which you counted

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

NC REFUND

You will need to review you input in the Personal income section of the program.

It sounds like there is an entry in the federal interview section that needs to be adjusted to reflect this income as being tax exempt for North Carolina.

Try the following:

1. Select the Personal tab.
  2. Select Personal Income
  3. Select I'll choose what I work on
  4. Select continue until you see Your 2019 Income Summary.
  5. Scroll down and select update to the right of IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099-R)
  6. Select Edit to the applicable 1099-R distribution (If you have more than one, you will need to repeat this step for each distribution.)
  7. Select continue through the screens until you see Where Is This Distribution From?  Be sure to select the correct source to ensure the income is treated correctly in North Carolina.

NC distribution

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

NC REFUND

This did not help me. I want to know if my NC tax form was sent to the NC Dept. Of Revenue

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

NC REFUND

Check your status here to see if they were e-filed.  To check on the status of your tax return, just log back into your Turbo Tax account. You will see the status of your tax return on the first page. 

If there is an issue with your return, follow the on screen directions to make any corrections that are needed.

NC REFUND

I would appreciate to know if my NC taxes were filed with the NC of Revenue

NC REFUND

Did you efile the state return?  Was your state return Accepted?  Double check your efile status here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup  

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

NC REFUND

I still have not received my NC state refund either. I filed in early February. Have you been able to speak to anyone regarding yours? When I check my refund status it says my return is in stage 1 and it could take 30 days to move to next stage. It has been well over 30 days! Do you know who I call?

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

NC REFUND

Unfortunately, the North Carolina Department of Revenue service centers are currently closed to the public.  It is not yet known when they will re-open and resume normal operations and processing.  

Therefore, there isn't currently anyone available to call.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies