Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kumar

My wife W2 has KS and NY in Box 15, since she worked in KS and also in NY while staying in NJ. Should I choose YES: lived in another state in 2014 and choose KS and NY?

My wife W2 has KS and NY in Box 15, since she worked in KS and also in NY while staying in NJ. Should I choose YES: lived in another state in 2014 and choose KS and NY?. I got 2 copy to be filled for tax return for KS and NY. But the NY Wage is same as Federal wages.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
maglib
Level 11

My wife W2 has KS and NY in Box 15, since she worked in KS and also in NY while staying in NJ. Should I choose YES: lived in another state in 2014 and choose KS and NY?

If she only lived in NJ, then the answer is NO. Only put states you legally resided in. You still may have to file in KS and NY, make sure you do the nonresident state tax returns prior to doing the NJ residency return as you will get a credit for taxes paid to other states.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Was I helpful?
**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
MichaelMc

The question refer to tax years prior to 2018.

chamsam

That is exactly what i thought, but if I left that at zero which is the case, I never got a prompt to enter the earnings for the 2018 excess contribution. When i did put the 2018 amount in the "prior years" box, then I got a question about earnings on the 2018 excess contribution.
chamsam

also thank you for responding.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies