Solved: My state revenue department added a fine to what I owe. Will they be able to withdraw the correct amount (with the new penalty) from my bank at the scheduled date?

maiztess

My state revenue department added a fine to what I owe. Will they be able to withdraw the correct amount (with the new penalty) from my bank at the scheduled date?

Do we need to let TurboTax know I am paying a higher amount than they figured? 

Anita01

No, TurboTax has nothing to do with the payment.  The program just sends the information on how you want to pay your taxes  to the IRS or the state.  Only they can initiate a withdrawal and it can be for an amount different than what's on your return.

Anita01