Depending upon your personal circumstances, your return may have been affected by the changes listed in the following link.
Any changes essentially depend upon your overall tax return from 2019 to 2020. Any changes from year to year will impact your overall refund or tax liability when you file.
I recommend reviewing the differences between the years to help you determine exactly why there is a change in your Oregon taxes by doing the following:
In TurboTax, you can view your tax summary for your 2020 tax return by doing the following:
- Go into the black panel on the left and select Tax Tools.
- Then select Tools beneath Tax Tools.
- A "Tools Center" box will pop up, select "View Tax Summary"
- You will see a screen that gives a snapshot of your taxes based upon your input so far.
- Click on the black panel on the left bar and select Preview my Oregon Tax Summary
- This will allow you to review your overall line items on your state tax return. Compare these amounts to your actual tax return for 2019 to help you determine why there is difference from year to year.
After you review the above items, simply select "Back" in the black panel to get back to the interview forms.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
....its possible that the Federal stimulus is affecting it.
The Oregon tax return allows a state income deduction for your Federal tax liability. For 2020, Oregon has an "adjusted" federal tax liability that takes any Federal Stimulus you got paid, away from that liability amount, so that you have a lower Oregon income deduction for Federal taxes paid.