Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ked-drd

My state (ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, or WV) doesn't tax all of this interest. When I select Learn more NH is not listed. Why is NH not listed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

My state (ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, or WV) doesn't tax all of this interest. When I select Learn more NH is not listed. Why is NH not listed?

Where do you see this?  NH is listed in the list of states you have there in between MA and NJ. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ked-drd

When I select "Learn More", NH is not listed.

Learn More says:

If your state isn't listed, leave the special handling box blank.  We'll cover interest when you get to your state return.

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Jersey

West Virginia

I took a screenshot if you want me to email it to you.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

NH is initially listed because it does not tax all interest but beyond not taxing specific sources of income NH only taxes interest and dividends that exceed 2400 (4800 for joint filers).  Since there will be special handling beyond simply identifying the source as non-taxable, everything will be handled in the NH state interview vice the federal interview.      

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies