HK808

My husband is a federal civil servant receiving COLA. Is it subject to Hawaii state tax?

We are residents of Hawaii.  When we filed our 2019 income tax return, we seem to remember that we need to adjust the Aggregate Gross Income (AGI) in From N-11 line 8 because of COLA (cost of living adjustment).  I may have accidentally bypassed the question about COLA while working through our 2020 filing and am not sure where or how I should update the information.  Please advise.

Thanks, 

HK808

MaryK1101

If the amount in Form W-2, Box 16 (State wages) is larger than Form W-2, Box 1 (Federal wages), TurboTax subtracts the federal wages from the state wages and enters it on Line 8.  It is automatic based on W2 entries- please check your return before you file and let us know if it is not.

MaryK1101

HK808

Thanks very much for the prompt response!