Solved: My employer deducted MD withholding since my old address and employer are from MD but my job is in CA and i lived here for the whole year (almost), what should i do now??

My employer deducted MD withholding since my old address and employer are from MD but my job is in CA and i lived here for the whole year (almost), what should i do now??

I have old Maryland Address on my W2 but all my other documents have my updated CA address and everything since i lived here for whole year. I moved here for a new job as a contractor but my employer is from MD and deducted MD withholding and address on w2 is from MD as well. What should i do now? please help

You will have to prepare and file a non-resident/part-year resident MD tax return, in addition to your CA resident/part-year resident return. 

In the state income allocation interviews, you will allocate all of your income to CA, and none to MD. This should result in a full refund of the MD tax withheld.

(You might want to file the MD return first, in order to use the MD refund to pay your CA tax).