New Member

State tax filing

You will have to prepare and file a non-resident/part-year resident MD tax return, in addition to your CA resident/part-year resident return. 

In the state income allocation interviews, you will allocate all of your income to CA, and none to MD. This should result in a full refund of the MD tax withheld.

(You might want to file the MD return first, in order to use the MD refund to pay your CA tax).

View solution in original post