justinoct2016

Moved from TN to GA for 2 months. Only worked in SC while I lived in GA. How do I handle this situation

DanielV01

It depends.  If your move to Georgia is a permanent one, you will file a South Carolina nonresident return and a Georgia part-year resident return for the income you earned in South Carolina while living in Georgia.  Georgia will give you credit for the taxes you pay in South Carolina on the income you earn there because you are taxed in Georgia as well on this income, and this prevents you from being over-taxed.  

If your move to Georgia is a temporary assignment, however (one that you expect to last less than one year), you file only a nonresident South Carolina return unless you earned income in Georgia, in which case you also file a nonresident return in Georgia, but only on the income earned in Georgia.  If you expect to be back in Tennessee, then you are not a permanent resident of Georgia.

In any case, since you only earned income in Tennessee while residing in Tennessee, that income is not taxed to any state because Tennessee does not have a state income tax.

DanielV01