Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does it mean when your Oregon state return is "under Manual review"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

34 Replies

It means that further review is done to confirm that is was actually YOU who filed and not identity theft. But it can also be placed into manual review for lots of different reasons. identity protection seems to be the most common reason. 

Pear82

Mine is also under manual review. I claimed child care costs and about 6 years ago they manually reviewed it also. Asking for receipts. This is bs. So I'm assuming they want receipts again. Haven't heard from them yet and when i called i was on hold for 20 minutes before i hung up. I live and work in Oregon. My taxes were accepted on Jan 19, 2016. I'll update with any new info.
stilldoom

mine is under manual review also. They did a manual review last year also. They reviewed to give me my working credit and deduced 4000 from my return I have 3 children and work full time and said my childcare documentation was not adequate.
Pear82

Same thing happened to mine in 2006. My paper receipts weren't good enough for them, plus it was my sister who was my daycare provider. So now I've been covering my tracks and actually using bank transfers for past few years. I hope when they finally send me request for more info. My bank tranfers will work. I'll update.
s-r-chudy

Mine were also accepted on January 19th. I received my federal and today I seen mine are being manual review.  I have never had this problem and pay childcare as well.  I'm wondering how long this takes and if they ask for payment history?  My sitter is a friend and she does not have a bank account so I pay her cash.
Pear82

I still haven't heard anything from state. They say allow 10 weeks for processing. I haven't been able to get through by calling. It's basically just a waiting game. When this happened to me in 06, they did send me request for daycare receipts. I sent paper ones,me and my sister signed, they said it wasn't good enough. So they reduced my refund by like 2k and only refunded me like $500. I hope this won't be the case for you or me this year! On the other hand my federal was also under review this year. And it was finally approved. I should get that by feb 24th! Good luck to us both,  i will update with any new news on state.
s-r-chudy

I would think if federal is approved then state should be as well. I would appreciate any news you can give me. I have claimed daycare every year. My daughter is only 7. And I claimed more this year because I worked more. It's obvious by my income. Please keep me updated. Thank you so much.
bbrat32
Returning Member

manuel review, and i did not claim any childcare. never had this problem before either.
val_anne

Same as me. No child care and now under manual review and my return would be small... under $500...
1MV
Returning Member

Under manual review for first time ever. Refund is less than $1000. Just one w2. Just a simple return. Already received federal refund. Anyone know what is going on with Oregon?
bbrat32
Returning Member

nope
bvtnlady

Me too! 10 weeks is a long time.
hiker2424
Returning Member

I am under review and got a letter from the state requesting proof of childcare, I pay my mother cash so I had to send in my bank statements providing the cash withdrawals from my checking account they would not accept my receipts so glad I had proof also had to show my grandson IEP from school and school records showing that he is disabled and that he lived in my household all year so glad I purchased the Audit Defense they handle it all for me
tcapedal

Has anyone actually received their Oregon refunds who went into manual review status? In 16 years of filing in Oregon, this is our first time that it has taken more than 2 weeks for our refund.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies