I'm also seeing the same error. I see there are only 5 lines available on the Michigan form for 1099's entered. I have 6 on my form in the data entry view. Is this a similar situation to you?
The easiest thing to do to get past this issue would be to delete and re-add Michigan.
To delete and re-add the state:
- From the left menu select State>
- Continue>next to your state, click the Trash Can icon and follow through the rest of the questions ending with Done
- Click Add Another State>Your state>and go through the interview again.
Regarding Table 2: Michigan Tax Withheld or Military Retirement Benefits and Railroad Retirement Benefits Reported on 1099 Forms, the instructions regarding Table 2 are brief:
- Enter unemployment compensation, taxable pension from your federal return, and any other taxable income from any 1099 forms from which Michigan tax was withheld. Exception: Enter military retirement benefits and railroad retirement benefits (both Tier 1 and Tier 2) from 1099-R, RRB-1099 and/or RRB-1099-R forms, even if no Michigan tax was withheld.
The program is not importing the 1099R tax information from my Required Minimum Withdrawal - the income is showing, but it does not report the State Tax withheld - It did report the Federal Tax withheld.
This relates to the Michigan State Forms. I can't seem to put any of this information directly, since you jump right to the end after we finish the specific questions relating to Michigan.
Have any of you had this problem - what did you do?
I recommend revisiting the input for the Form 1099-R to capture the state detail there.
To do this in TurboTax, follow these steps:
- Inside TurboTax, enter 1099-R in the search box in the upper corner.
- Then, click the Jump to link.
- Scroll to the 1099-R you want to edit and click Edit
- When the 1099-R details are open, scroll all the way down toward the end of the page to adjust the State details