Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Lived in ny but worked in ct

1 Reply
New Member

Lived in ny but worked in ct

You will need to file a New York resident tax return and a Connecticut non-resident return.  Complete your Connecticut nonresident return first.  In New York, your resident state, you will be taxed on all income you received while a resident of New York (including your CT earnings) however you will get a credit for taxes paid to Connecticut.  This credit will be calculated on  Form IT-112-R New York State Resident Credit.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings