sandy2919

Is there an extension form for state taxes on turbo tax?

Can I file a State tax extension on turbo tax.  Thought I filed electronically but I didn't.

You are too late to request an extension for a tax return.  You had to do that by July 15, 2020.  So, sorry, your tax return is just late.  If you owe, get it filed as soon as you can so that the interest and penalties are less.  If you are getting a refund there is no penalty for late filing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

an extension may not be required.  some states grant an automatic extension when a federal extension is filed and you do not owe state tax or if you do owe you make timely payment electronically.   if you don't owe there is generally no penalty for filing late.