Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Intuit, please post fix for the state tax loop issue. Please.

Intuit, please update us with the actual fix for this state tax loop issue where it never opens your state return and always says "lets download and install your state..." and then "Your software is up to date". Reinstalling does not fix this. Installing your software on another PC does not fix this. Updating your software with the latest updates does not fix this. You don't provide a manual download of the state tax or any method to remove the state to reinstall it. File | Remove State Return always comes up blank. Please provide a real fix so we can actually use your software. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
cklitzner

I spent over $100 on this software and am going to have to file paper returns for 3 members of my family who use it. Paper forms are not accepted if you efiled your federal returns, so this is going to delay my refund at best or make it impossible to get my refund at worst. This problem has been known for over 6 months.  What is the problem with Turbotax that they have no resolved it?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see the FAQ for assistance with the Turbo Tax update loop.

We apologize for any inconvenience this experience has caused and we are working diligently to help the returns get filed. On the above FAQ there is a link "here" that you can click on to receive an update once this has been corrected. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

petery1

Have the same issue, the New York manual update does not run either. I get the message that the update was for a different version.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

This has worked for some people:  Loop in TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies