Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I worked in Ohio for about 3 months but I was with the same company how do I go about putting that on my taxes when it askes if I made money in another state

Or does it not matter considering I was with the same company
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

I worked in Ohio for about 3 months but I was with the same company how do I go about putting that on my taxes when it askes if I made money in another state

If you worked in more than one stateand Ohio was not your home statetell TurboTax that you made money in other states and choose Ohio as the other state. Generally, you pay tax to your home state and to any state where you work.

Learn more at How do I file a nonresident state return?

File an Ohio non-resident income tax return unless you live in a so-called reciprocal state. Ohio has reciprocal agreements with Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. That means if you lived in one of those states and worked in Ohio, you will not have to file a Ohio income tax return if your only Ohio income came from a job. Your employer should be reporting your W-2 income under your home state and be withholding income tax from your home state.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hal_Al
Level 15

If you are a resident of WV, KY, IN, MI or PA, it doesn't matter, because they are reciprocal with OH.

Any other state, see: http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/28/pf/taxes/business-traveler-tax-threat/  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies