Solved: I work in MD but live in DC (a reciprocal tax entity). I know I don't have to pay MD taxes but do I have to file a MD return or some sort of MD form?

scottparker1

I work in MD but live in DC (a reciprocal tax entity). I know I don't have to pay MD taxes but do I have to file a MD return or some sort of MD form?

MaryK1

No you do not have to file a Maryland return, you file and pay tax on your Maryland income in DC.

MaryK1

scottparker1

Thanks for the answer.  Why does TurboTax prompt me to complete one (a MD return)?
MaryK1

As brilliant as Turbo Tax is, there are so many different reciprocal agreements(and they are basically the same, but not always)  it cannot always detect them.
ddinardo83

Pretty poor! I am in the same boat. Why does TT have me paying for a MD return? Totally not right!